COMICS, CARTOONS, AND MANGA DRAWING COURSE
For kids 5 – 12 years old.
Do you love to draw and create your own illustrations? Join this fun Cartooning Class and learn how professional artists and cartoonists create amazing, colorful characters and make the world of cartooning a fascinating career. You will improve your drawing and cognitive skills by using basic shapes, perspective, characterization, and your own imagination.
Who this course is for:
This Course is for a comic book, manga, and cartoon lovers who are eager to express themselves creatively AND have FUN.
The number of students:
6 – 8 students per class.
Two teachers per class.
Spring course in Saint John.
May 2 – June 29, 2021.
1:5 ratio Teacher to Student ratio, or better. All instructors are police-checked, first-aid trained, triple-reference checked, and highly trained.
Certificate of Course Completion
Upon completion of a course, a Certificate will be issued. A course completion certificate says students attended all the classes required, pass all the tests required, and handed in all the work required.
All Courses will be held at the main office of High Tide Art School in Saint John Uptown.
COMICS, CARTOONS, AND MANGA DRAWING
In this engaging and inspiring comics, cartoons, and manga drawing art class, your child will:
Be nurtured and inspired with expert one-on-one joyful art instruction that we’re famous for
• Learn specific comic, cartoon, and manga drawing techniques combined with the encouragement for personal self-expression
• Develop their own unique, personal drawing style while learning how to draw faces, living figures in motion, develop comics, cartoons, and manga characters
• Receive personalized instruction as they create storyboards, unique story characters, text bubbles, and their very own comic strips
• Learn to draw with inks, pencil, pen, and a wide variety of art materials
• Learn a wide variety of artistic drawing techniques and art vocabulary unique to cartoons, comics, and manga art
• Explore their imagination to create unique works of art that truly express themselves
• Gain confidence in their work and themselves as artistic individuals
• Benefit with enhanced health and wellness that art and creativity are known for, such as increased self-esteem, focus, and communication skills Our unique kids and teens drawing art classes allow your child’s creative spirit to soar, while feeling confident and happy in every art class, and all week long.
This module gives your child a solid foundation for drawing still-life and compositions. Your child will be taught the basics of sketching and drawing, proportions theory, shading and the effective use of light and shadow. She will learn all the artistic skills needed to bring to life various compositions from their own imagination. They will also learn to use a wide variety of media and art techniques:
Pencils, charcoal, and pastels.
Cutting and Pasting
Primary and Secondary Colors (painting and/or collage)
Drawing/Rendering with Oil pastel, Crayon or Chalk
Creating Art with Shapes
COMICS, CARTOONS, AND MANGA DRAWING
Schedule & Tuition
Spring Semester of 2021. May 2 – June 29
1 Class per week. Each class – 2 hours ( two lessons by 45 min. with 5 min. break.)
3 spots available
2 Classes per week. Each class – 45 min.
3 – 4 spots available.
TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS:
1. One week’s cost is only $39+HST
(if you pay by two installments for the entire semester).
2. One week’s cost is – $49.00 +HST
(if you pay Monthly)
Space is still available 3-4 spots left Registration
Classes are held once a week in Saint John Uptown. Each class – two lessons of 45 minutes each.
Do you have questions or comments?